Friday, July 15, 2011

NO Goals



Recently while working on my clothing line I met with a great man whom is a great mentor. This mans knowledge on tasks and efficiency is vast and when it comes to margins he is very aware of the actual cost and profit off of products and services. He is very intrigued and sharp on the knowledge of Apple CEO Steve Jobs and his views on organization and planning. So while working on implementing some of the ideas he set forth for me with my clothing line TrendSetters Elite, I realized how I plan, or my process.
     Starting off I don't set goals to be exact. Goals tend to get in the way, if you think about we give them credit for our accomplishments, but THEY didn't do the work. They may have given us direction but the work was done on a daily basis. Then on top of that we have to asses how we are coming on our goals. its almost making a boring process out of our passions, keeping us focused on what we are going to achieve and when.
     INSTEAD of focusing on when and what I am going to achieve in the future, I stay excited on what im doing now. You know what you should be doing and the only thing to do is focus, which isn't a problem because your excited about doing it already. GOALS KEEP YOU FOCUSED ON ONE PATH, WHICH MAY NOT BE THE BEST ONE A WEEK A MONTH OR A YEAR DOWN THE ROAD. They keep you fixated on ONE thing instead of being open to new opportunities that arise regularly when you are present in the moment. Being without specific goals actually allow you to be free to pursue what your passionate about. Being liberated from goals means you will be excited about what your doing, you'll be itching to start on them because the gratification you get from doing what you feel should be done. And YES you'll accomplish things! You'll get somewhere great, you just might not have known you'd end up  there when you started!

Get Out, Get Inspired, Start TODAY!